- Find places to work: home, the library, the coffee shop, whatever.
- Say “no” to things.
- Don’t be afraid to do a bad job on things. [you need to read his explanation]
- Find ways to keep teaching fun.
- Stay in shape.
- Keep doing technical projects.
- Stop caring about individual papers and proposals.
- Stop caring too much about tenure and just get work done.
Friday, December 03, 2010
Advice for New Faculty
Some good advice for new faculty from University of Utah's John Regehr Staying Sane in Academia: