Thursday, March 17, 2011

More on Windows Phone 7

Earlier, I discussed Danny Tuppeny's frustrations with Microsoft's Windows Phone 7. His post has gone viral and gotten the attention of Microsoft. In calls from Microsoft, Tuppeny received promising responses to most of his issues - except the slow pace of OS updates. Trying to clamp down on bad PR from a loyal user/developer is one - actually delivering on these promises is another.

Windows Phone 7 Part Deux

It's been a funny week. My blog usually receives a few hundred visitors per day. This weekend, I published a post titled "Why I'm Close to Giving Up on Windows Phone 7, as a User and a Developer", sharing my frustrations with Windows Phone 7. I hoped that someone from Microsoft might read and respond to it. I wasn't really expecting the attention the post got during the last 24 hours.

The post had over 40,000 visitors in a 12-hour period yesterday (which cost me exactly £0.00 in hosting - go App Engine!) and was republished by BusinessInsider. Today, I had a call with Brandon Watson, Director, Dev Platform & Ecosystem and Ben Lower, Senior Product Manager, Dev Platform & Ecosystem.

This was somewhat unexpected.

Given they'd taken time to call me, I thought it was fair I take time to post some of the things we discussed (I hope I understood them right - the line was pretty bad). It sounds like they're taking the feedback seriously and didn't seem too annoyed with the bad PR I might have created.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...