Wednesday, March 16, 2011

The Future of Windows Phone 7

Long article from Danny Tuppeny, but worth the time. He details his frustrations with Microsoft's Windows Phone 7 and his doubts regarding the future of the platform. Not good news following the death of the Zune.

Why I'm Close to Giving Up on Windows Phone 7, as a User and a Developer

This is a pretty long post, but it's the only way to get across why I'm suddenly so disappointed in Windows Phone 7 - a platform I've been so excited about for so long. I really hope someone on the WP7 team takes the time to read it to the end. I'm probably not unique in having these feelings.
...

Hopefully if you've read this far, you now know why I'm starting to have serious doubts about Windows Phone 7. If Microsoft can't turn around bugfixes in a timely fashion, what's going to happen when people start finding exploits (and they will find exploits)?

Of course, if I'm not confident in the platform as a user, I can't be as a developer. I've put my Windows Phone 7 development on hold. I can't commit to spending more time on a platform that Microsoft seems to be sending the way of previous versions. I still believe the OS is excellent, but sadly, that's only half the battle.



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...