Technical Twitter abbreviations:
- MT = Modified tweet. This means the tweet you're looking at is a paraphrase of a tweet originally written by someone else.
- RT = Retweet. The tweet you're looking at was forwarded to you by another user.
- DM = Direct message. A direct-message is a message only you and the person who sent it can read. IMPORTANT: To DM someone all you need to type is D username message.
- PRT = Partial retweet. The tweet you're looking at is the truncated version of someone else's tweet.
- HT = Hat tip. This is a way of attributing a link to another Twitter user.
- CC = Carbon-copy. Works the same way as email.
- IMHO = In my humble opnion.
- AYFKMWTS = Are you f---ing kidding me with this s---?
- GTFOOH = Get the f--- out of here
- OH = Overheard.
- NFW = No f---ing way
- IRL = In real life
- NSFW = Not safe for work.
- FML = F--- my life.
- FWIW = For what it's worth.
- QOTD = quote of the day
- BTW = By the way
- BFN = Bye for now
- AFAIK = As far as I know'
- TY = Thank you
- YW = You're welcome
Tuesday, August 03, 2010
Twitter Abbreviations YNTK