Apple iPad 2 vs. HP TouchPad: 10 Reasons to Buy iPad 2
Apple’s iPad 2 easily bests the HP TouchPad. On many levels, the iPad 2 delivers a more beneficial experience to any customer.
A quick summary:
- iPad wins by a large margin on number and quality of apps.
- Pricing is a wash, but HP should have been aggressive in pricing the TouchPad under the iPad.
- iPad available in wifi and wifi+3G models; TouchPad currently only available with wifi - 4G promised for later this summer.
- Displays both 9.7 inches - HP missed an opportunity to differentiate themselves.
- The TouchPad works best if you own a WebOS phone - I don't see many of those.
- The TouchPad loses on size and weight.
- No rear camera.
- Questions still exist regarding the viability of WebOS in the enterprise.
- There is no 64 Gig TouchPad to compete with the 64 Gig iPad - important for media-centric users.
- For now, when someone thinks of a tablet, they think Apple and iPad. To be successful, HP needs to change that mindset.
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad