Nielsen’s “State of the Media: The Mobile Media Report” provides a snapshot of the current mobile media landscape and audiences in the U.S. and highlights the potential power of mobile commerce in the near future.
Key findings From The Report:
- The majority of 25-34 and 18-24 year olds now own smartphones (64% and 53% respectively);
- The majority of smartphone owners (62%) have downloaded apps on their devices and games are the top application category used in the past 30 days;
- The number of smartphone subscribers using the mobile Internet has grown 45 percent since 2010;
- 87 percent of app downloaders (those who have downloaded an app in the past 30 days) have used deal-of-the-day websites like Groupon or Living Social;
- Younger groups text the most. In Q3, teens 13-17 sent and received the most text messages (an average of 3,417 each month).
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad