- social networks are a great tool for providing professional development within an organization
- a rule of thumb for community building:
- 1% of the audience will start the community
- 10% of the audience will participate in the community, and
- the rest will observe (lurkers!).
Friday, March 30, 2007
Social Networking 101
The Infinite Thinking Machine Blog http://www.infinitethinking.org/ has a great 7-minute video that provides a quick overview of social networking sites and online communities and how they are impacting teaching and learning. A couple of interesting tidbits: