Monday, May 09, 2011

More Technological Obsolescence

Technically, I don't "need" any of these things. They're just conveniences we've grown accustomed to living in a modern society.

I agree with numbers 2, 3, 4, and 6. The replacements? Mobile phone, netflix, video-on-demand, hulu, pandora, laptop/tablet/smartphone. Unfortunately, I still watch TV and still get service through a provider. And most troubling e-mail is still the required communications hub - I'm not sure how we break from e-mail.

I would also add the VCR to the list, as it's been replaced by DVR, but maybe that's old news.

7 things you don't need anymore:
  1. Television
  2. Telephone land line
  3. DVD Player
  4. Physical music collection and dedicated player
  5. Cable or satellite TV
  6. Desktop computer
  7. Email

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...