Monday, November 03, 2008

Leveraging Online Content in the Classroom

I just finished watching a NOVA episode on PBS called Hunting the Hidden Dimension. It was a great explanation of fractals, the work of Benoit Mandelbrot, and the many applications of fractals. I studied fractals and their use in finite element analysis in graduate school, so this was lots of fun for me. PBS makes this and other NOVA episodes available online in 7 to 11 minute chunks. The perfect size for instructional content. I plan to use the following clip - which highlights a number of fractal applications, particularly wireless antennas - with my wireless class.

Watch the nearly 11-minute clip "On the Defense"
Watch more of the episode at PBS and access teacher resources (classroom activities and multimedia).

Explore the PBS site - I'm sure you'll find content you can use.

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...