Saturday, November 29, 2008

Download This Book

Lawrence Lessig points to James Boyle's book The Public Domain: Enclosing the Commons of the Mind, which is available for download and licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike License. You get get it here - Download | The Public Domain. From the site:
If you like it, please consider buying a copy.

Why am I allowing you to copy the book for free? And why is Yale University Press letting me? To understand why I am doing it, watch this video by Jesse Dylan. And if you want to understand why it makes economic sense to my publisher, read this short article.
I've embedded the video below - it's a great explanation of the concept of creative commons:

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...