Saturday, January 10, 2009

Keeping Streaks

Some friends have asked about my recent flurry of blogging. In addition to some new bloggimg tools I've been using, I've also been using a Jerry Seinfeld productivity technique. Yes, Jerry Seinfeld the standup comic. I read a few years ago that Seinfeld was asked how he was so prolific at developing new material. His response was that you had to write every day, no matter how you felt. Easier said than done! Seinfeld's technique for making sure he wrote everyday was to post a calendar on the wall and mark off every day he wrote. He turns it into a game - trying to keep the streak going as long as he can. If for whatever reason he misses a day, he just starts a new streak.

So whether it's blogging, studying for a certification test, working out, or any other goal you're trying to achieve- start a streak! This iPhone app - Streaks - is a great tool to get started.


-- Post From My iPhone

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That's a great idea. I think I'm going to try something similar for my blog:
Maybe the server is down

I just started it at the beginning of the year with hopes of posting everyday. Thanks for the tip!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...