Saturday, December 13, 2008

Voting Via Cellphone

Why can't we do this? I understand there are security and authentication concerns, but we could figure those out. This is the country that put a man on the moon, invented the Internet and the PC. Give me a special code that I text to authenticate me before I vote. Imagine the ability to have instant referendums! Is this happening locally anywhere in this country? Are there faculty senates that vote this way? What about student government - maybe we should start there! Text me your vote:) Estonia to allow citizens to vote via cellphone by 2011
Parliament has approved a law that will likely make [Estonia] the first nation on Planet Earth to give citizens the right to vote by phone

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...